We are looking for an Account Director to join our talented Client Services team to strategically nurture and grow our existing clients. Acting as the client’s trusted advisor, you’ll lead all aspects of the account(s) from marketing strategy and campaign direction to team performance, service excellence and commercial management.
Passionate about integrated marketing, you should have experience with B2B buying cycles, customer journeys and personas in addition to solid knowledge of short and long-form content types and multi-channels, especially digital and social media is a must. If you have IT/technology marketing and/or ABM experience it would be the icing on the cake!
Open to remote candidates anywhere in the U.S., preference for Austin, TX and Denver/Boulder, CO areas. Candidates will need to be able to work some west coast hours.
Candidates with diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Drive account growth and direct the smooth running of client programs/campaigns.
- Anticipate client needs (short term / long term) and proactively address issues.
- Maintain situational awareness of a client’s internal dynamics and industry trends.
- Serve as proxy for client in addressing questions from cross-functional teams in partnership with the agency teams
- Partner to project management, creative and media teams, ensuring the highest quality, strategically sound work that delivers on clients’ objectives.
- Responsible for the ongoing management of a project’s budgets and billing, timelines, negotiations and legal processing.
- Partner with team to manage profitability against scope of work.
- Review monthly and quarterly financial tracking reports with finance lead
- Ensure that all professional activities are in line with the agreed upon strategic direction.
- Present Transmission credentials, propositions and services offerings and adapt presentation content to the specific needs of the meeting/audience to achieve higher levels of personalization
- Take a leading role in pitches/RFPs or large proposals (new biz and existing clients), looking for opportunities for organic growth and extending the client relationship through partnership and a thorough awareness of their business environment
- Contribute to client briefs/meetings, and offer insights, ideas and recommendations to help clients overcome their challenges or meet their needs.
- Manage a team of account executives.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 8+ Experience working in Ad/Media/Marketing/B2B Agency and technology brands
- Strong business and commercial acumen
- Passionate about client service excellence
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written and problem-solving skills.
- Proven track record of successfully managing campaigns/projects and teams
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management, able to prioritize competing deadlines.
- Excellent financial aptitude in developing and managing project budgets.
- Flexible and open work style with an ability to engage with all types of personalities.
- Strong client management, negotiation, and trouble-shooting skills.
- Some knowledge of awareness, demand generation, ABM and customer retention objectives/KPIs.
- Some knowledge of different audience verticals, personas, IT and LOB job functions.
- Some knowledge of B2B buying (customer) journeys and TOFU, MOFU and BOFU engagement stages.
- Some knowledge of B2B sales cycle (funnel) and identify lead scoring stages from INQ through to SAL and pipeline.
- Some knowledge about the importance of creative marketing and the role of an SMP and RTBs
- Hybrid remote work environment
- Unlimited PTO
- Healthcare coverage Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- No meetings, 3rdFridays of the month
- Social Events & Celebrations
- Monthly Wellness program
- Corporate Social Responsibility
About the agency:
Transmission is a data-driven B2B marketing agency that believes in customer obsession. We put our clients’ and their customers at the centre of everything we do. Continually testing and enhancing. Because life should be a series of amazing experiences. Experiences planned with insight, intelligence, and heart. And we’re growing. Globally. Currently we’re at over 200 members of staff, with offices in London, Munich, Warsaw, Singapore, Delhi, Sydney and San Francisco. Already a top 5 global B2B marketing agency, the fastest growing still and Sunday Times top 100 FastTrack growth business.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Transmission is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace and your race, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability have no influence on our hiring decision.
Back to all jobs